The regular meeting of the Westbrook Village Photography Club was called to order at 7:00pm on February 6th, 2018 at the FALC building by Tom LaFleur, President.
Present: About half the members were present.
- Tom announced that dues are past due and encouraged anyone who has not yet paid to see the Treasurer Mike Barany. He also gave guests/new members a chance to introduce themselves.
- Tom reminded us that the March meeting will be our annual Men vs. Women contest and will again follow a pizza party. The party will start at 5:30 in the art studio and the cost is $10 per person.
- ACCC rep Luan Fowler asked for any prints to be entered into the Spring Roundup and reminded that digital images are due by Friday, the 9th. Deadline to register to attend the Roundup is March 2nd.
- Bob Cielek spoke about the Adobe Users Group, what is covered there; and that the Photoshop lessons with Dave Dise will continue through February.
- Bob also spoke about the special presentation that the club will be hosting, and the Canadian Nature Photographers (Ray McDuff and Dave Lipchen ) who will be doing the presentation. It will be held at the Lakes Multi-purpose Room on February 19th at 7:00 pm.
- The February field trip will be to “Waking up with Butterflies” at Butterfly Wonderland on Feb 24th. Members will need to register at our website plus call and register with the facility at (480)800-3000, ext 210 to reserve their spot. The cost is $25. We will leave the FALC at 7:15 am and have lunch at nearby Portillos following the shoot.
- The March Photo Shoot will be an overnight trip to Tucson on March 14-15. We will leave the FALC at 9:30am on the 14th. We will meet for lunch at the Trident Grill near the UA campus. Following lunch we will visit to the Center for Creative Photography (featuring Ansel Adams: Performing the Print). Next we will proceed to the Barrio Historica to photograph some of the historical homes and buildings. We will stay at the Best Western, Royal Suns Inn & Suites, which includes breakfast and then we will spend the next day photographing at Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum, heading home late in the afternoon.
- Tom then announced next year’s overnight trip so members can plan in advance for them. They will include:
Monument Valley – Oct 10-11
South Rim Grand Canyon – Feb 14+15, 2019
- The speaker for the evening was Fred Krakowiak, an internationally recognized wildlife artist, photographer and safari guide.
- Photo Sharing: approximately 6 members shared their photos with the group.
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned about 9 pm by Tom.
Minutes submitted by: Dottie Smith
Approved by: Tom LaFleur