The regular meeting of the Westbrook Village Photography Club was called to order about 7:00pm on January 8, 2018 at the FALC facility by Tom LaFleur, President.
About half the members were present.
- The January field trip will be at the Gilbert Water Park on Jan 16th. We will meet at the FALC at 1:00pm and return after dinner at 7:00pm. The trip leader is Bill Kramer.
- Four people are signed up for Kathleen Reeder’s February workshop.
- Bob Cielek announced that the Adobe Users Group will start back up in the Lakes Computer Classroom on Jan 15th from 2-4 pm.
- Dave Dise spoke about the Photoshop classes that he will be leading later this month. The classes start on Jan 23rd from 1-4 pm, and go for 6 weeks on consecutive Tuesday afternoons. Class registration information can be found at the computer club web site: www.wvcc.us
- The February field trip will be a trip “waking up with butterflies” at Butterfly Wonderland. The date was not announced.
- Tom and Bob are working on putting together a special program in February with Ray McDuff and Dave Lipchen. Details to follow.
- Luann Fowler, one of our new ACCC reps announced that the Spring Roundup will be March 10 at the Sundial. We must sign up to attend by March 2nd, $25. Prints need to be brought to the February club meeting and digital images must be uploaded by Feb 9th. The rotating category is “Trains” for the spring roundup and “Repetition” for the fall roundup.
- Shelly Morgenstern did his presentation showing how changing/adjusting the color your image evokes a different response from the viewer. Shelly also demonstrated how he changes colors in Photoshop Elements.