The regular meeting of the Westbrook Village Photography Club was called to order about 7:00pm on December 5, 2017 at the FALC building by Dottie Smith, President.
Present: A large percent of the members were present.
- Photo Club Holiday Party is on Friday, December 8 at 5pm. Since the club is providing all of the food, the cost is $10 per person. Please bring the correct amount since there will not be anyone collecting or providing change. Bring a wrapped ornament for a gift exchange. Bring your favorite beverage if you wish.
- Election of Officers for 2018: Dottie presented the proposed roster of officers and a motion was proposed and seconded. The vote was unanimous for the following roster: President-Tom LaFleur, Vice-President-Bob Cielek, Secretary-Dottie Smith, Treasurer-Mike Barany, Member-at-large-Mary Barany, and ACCC Representatives-Chuck & Luann Fowler.
- Please update your calendars for the January meeting. The meeting has been changed to Monday January 8th 7pm at the FALC. (Note: we are choosing to NOT meet on Tuesday January 2nd and we were not able to get the FALC for Tuesday Jan.9th.). Also, DUES of $10 for 2018 will be collected.
- January meeting presenter will be our own Shelly Morgenstern. Shelly will discuss color and the emotional reactions to colors. He will also present how to change colors in a photo.
- We will announce our next field trip at the January meeting. We are considering several suggestions at this time.
- Collaboration Workshops have not been well attended so we will be considering other options for the coming year. So there will not be one in January.
- Bob Cielek, Adobe User’s Group leader,said that the Adobe Users group will start again in January at the Computer Lab on Monday January 15th.. He also discussed the coming Lightroom Workshop to be presented by Bob Cielek, and Photoshop Workshop to be presented by Dave Dise. For these classes, please go to the Computer Club website to register.
- Kathleen Reeder workshop will be held on February 3rd at the Wildlife World Zoo. To sign up go to her website (www.KathleenReeder.com) and enter the discount code: “WVC20” for a $20 discount.
- Our featured speaker for the night was Bruce Taubert. He is an Arizona Highways Photographer. He discussed “Photographing Arizona’s Wildlife A Guide to When, Where and How”. Most of the material and photos he presented are contained in his book by the same name.
- Photo Sharing: approximately 6 members shared their photos with the group.
Meeting was adjourned about 9 pm by Dottie. Note: The next meeting will be on Monday, January 8th at the FALC at 7:00pm. We will start gathering at 6:30 pm.
Minutes submitted by: Tom LaFleur
Approved by: Dottie Smith.